Associate (Portfolio Management)
January 19, 2023
As a Venture Portfolio Associate your will take key responsibilities for all reporting and compliance matters related to SCB10X venture capital investment. However, you will also play an active role, working with portfolio companies as they too try to scale their own finance and operations functions. In addition to liaising with both external fund managers, founders, and investments, you will also work closely with the Portfolio Manager and the rest of the team to develop company strategies in areas where you can leverage your expertise. This will be an integral part of the team. You will be a key person to track and analyze investment performance across diverse metrics.
- Create/maintainreporting models or templatesat both fundlevel and portfolio company levels, to track realized and unrealized returns, establishing benchmarks and analysis accordingly.
- Regularly meet with portfolio investments together with the investment team to track and monitor investment performance (e.g., key business updates and performance metrics)
- Ensure that all investment transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported as per internal policies, accounting practices as well as regulatory requirements.
- Perform end-to-end post-investment activities with all relevant internal and external stakeholders (e.g., capital drawdown, fair value review).
- Prepare reports to the investment team and related parties from time to time.
- Coordinate with the investment team on investment allocation planning and budgeting.
- 3+ years of working experience. Experienced in working with external auditors, internal controls, legal, regulatory and compliance.
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, accounting or related disciplines, and a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience, ideally with a “Big 4” or equivalent background. Exposure to private equity / venture capital fund structures and their administration and accounting is a plus.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, as well as relevant technical accounting expertise.
- Strong problem-solving skill with proven analytical and structured thinking skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership, networking, and communication skills
- A team player with the ability to also work independently and with limited supervision.
- Always curious, eager to learn, intelligent, motivated, with strong work ethic, and analytical skills
- Fluency in English and Thai
- Strong organizational skills and excel at attention to detail, multitasking and working against tight deadlines.
Drop your CV to [email protected]