• Achieve operational objectives by responsible for making sure that the software is delivered with the best quality, meet all the requirements, and within the reasonable timeline. Support integration/production incident investigation with timely resolution.
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices, habits, and make sure that the standards and practices that have been set are followed by the team.
• Work closely with Product to clearly understand the requirement and can identify what need to be developed and improved. Participate in planning sessions to provide accurate estimation of the requirements provided.
• Coach junior engineers and the engineering and help to push the whole team up to the top shape.
• Keep up with industry best practices and trends on behalf of the development team and the larger engineering team. Conduct research, tests, and implements new technique that can be reused and applied to any site/software development project.
• Exploring opportunities and maintaining personal networks to add value to job accomplishments.
• Experience in building single page application (SPA) and good understanding of Progressive Web App (PWA)
• Knowledge of web service and its related technologies
• Good understanding of microservice architecture
• Experience in working with SQL/NoSQL Database (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), can write effective SQL statements
• Experience in using or building CI/CD workflow for web application project
• Experience in using Git as source code version management tool
• Experience in mobile application development is a plus (iOS, Android)
• Knowledge of online security practices and protocols
• Confidence to challenge the status quo, communicate new ideas, and provide informed opinions
• Strong presentation and modelling skills